Best Free Running Apps For Android | Some decisions are hard to make, like choosing the right fitness app for you. But it’s worth spending time on because the right choice can save you a lot of time while the wrong ones can not only make you feel frustrated but it can affect your performance.
Top 10 Best Free Running Apps for Android
Best Running App for Jogging Distance – Endomondo
Running Apps for Android – Running Trainer
Free Running Apps for Android – Google Fit
Android Apps for Running – PUMATRAC
Best Android Apps for Beginners Runmore 5K Trainer
Apps that make running fun – Zombies, Run!
When it comes to choosing the Best Free Running Apps for Android, all you need to see its features and its Accuracy. Some of the Android Apps are for tracking distance while others can even count your calories burned during your activity.
Some come with an inbuilt coach facility making it cheaper for you to get some expert guidance for your workout. Here are our top picks for Best Free Running Apps for Android.
1. App For Jogging Distance Android – Endomondo
This App tracks and map your Running, Walking and Cycling and gives reviews about your workout. You can set a goal using this App which helps you stay focused and then share your achievement with others so that they can feel motivated as well.
- Track workouts using GPS
- You can check your Workout Summary like pace, calories burned, etc
- Audio feedback along the way
- Notifies you when hitting a new level of fitness
Must Read: Headbands For Short Hair [Reviewed Oct-2019]
This App offers multiple workout plans from 4-16 Weeks and is considered as one of the Best Free Running Apps for Android. You can use the “Just Run” option if you want to coach and use this app to track your distance, Speed and Calories burned.
- Different workout plans available (1 Mile, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon & Marathon)
- Sync with your device playlist and you can enjoy music along the way
- Audio Coach facility available
- You can keep a check on your overall progress
This App introduces two activity goals Move Minutes and Heart Points. It motivates you to earn Move Minutes for all your activities throughout the day and Heart Point for moderate activity like picking up speed while walking or climbing stairs.
- You can get customized coaching based on your goal
- Can be used with Phone or Smart Watch
- You can monitor your daily progress using Move Minutes and Heart Points
- Connect with other devices and health-related Apps
This App claims that it will give you reasons to fall in love with your training sessions and motivates you to step out of your comfort zone. The interesting thing about this App is that you can get valuable tips from world-class athletics and trainers; Virat Kohli, Adriana Lima to name a few of them. This App tracks more than 30 activities, So whether you’re a runner or hooked to Yoga, this App has something in store for you.
- Works well with Android Watch, you don’t even need to carry your phone with you, hence makes your training sessions easier and comfortable
- The more you use this App for your training sessions, the more it will get to know about you and gives you customized running tips and content
- Make your workout sessions exciting by adding Yoga, Boxing, Pilates and Ballet
- Videos available for cooldown routines
- Sync with Spotify and Music Playlists
This App is unarguable the best running app for beginner as it helps you get off your couch and start working out. This App works well with Android wear devices, so you don’t need to check your phone and stay focused on your training.
- Audio coach available along the way
- You can create reminders and plan your schedule accordingly
- Sync well with Google Fit
- You can perform basic actions like Pause, Skip using your smartwatch
This App is more like an engaging game where you’re the Super Hero. It makes your every run a mission and you can collect supplies as well to build up your base. If you’re a person who gets bored easily then this App is for you. This App comes under the category of apps that make running fun.
- Makes your heart pump faster through Zombie Chases
- 200 Missions available for you to make your every workout exciting
- Collect Supplies and build your base
- Works well for outdoors, indoors and even treadmills
Move with a cause. By using this App you can help people by giving your earned money in Charity and stay fit and healthy at the same time. This App works like a Pedometer and you can earn money as you move.
- Simple user interface and easy to use
- Can be used to track walking, running and cycling
- Gives you an option to choose from 40 Charities
If accuracy is what you’re looking for in your Fitness App, then this one is the right choice for you as this is the Most Accurate Running App. This App tracks your distance, calories burned and speed. It maintains a history of your runs, which motivates you to improve with time.
- Accurate distance and time tracking
- Audio feedback along the way
- Built-in GPS
Best Free Running Apps for Android | For some people running is just about relaxing, while others care too much about the stats and splits. You don’t need to think too much about your running data in order to become a good runner, but these Apps may be a good source of motivation for you to get off your couch and start running.
You don’t even need a personal coach, some of these Running Apps have audio feedback available to guide you throughout your sessions. And if you’re one of those who think running is boring, some of the Apps like Zombies, Run! can make your runs more interesting and exciting. Happy Running!
Must Read: Best Free Running Apps For iPhone
Must Read: Best Supplements for Ultra Runners